Are you passionate about making a difference?
Tubman relies on volunteers and interns to make a difference in every facet of our work. The passion and energy of our amazing volunteers and interns is essential to the daily work of our organization, and to support our clients and community.
We encourage applications from people of color, all genders, multilingual speakers, veterans, and those who have disabilities.
We offer a five-part orientation and training series for Tubman volunteers and interns. Most volunteer and internship positions require attendance at all five sessions, with positions beginning after training has been completed. The dates for our current training series are listed below, and you can click here to download a flyer with our upcoming January 2020 training schedule and further details.
Dates for the January 2020 Training Series:
Saturday, January 11, from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. at Tubman East
Tuesday, January 14, from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. at Tubman East
Thursday, January 16, from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.at Tubman East
Tuesday, January 21, from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.at Tubman West
Thursday, January 23, from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.at Tubman West
To view the schedule for our next training series starting in January 2020, click here.
While Tubman's internships are unpaid, we are members of several groups that provide financial aid to students.
Accepting applications now through January 15, 2020.
• Three undergraduate scholarships in the amount of $1,500 each
• Two graduate scholarships in the amount of $2,500 each
• Two diversity scholarships—one undergraduate and one graduate—in the amount of $1,500 and $2,500, respectively.
**Spring/summer scholarship deadline: February 28, 2020**
Each fiscal year, MAFEL awards up to six $225 scholarships for students participating in an internship. Students who identify as belonging to any population that may experience limited access to internship opportunities are highly encouraged to apply.
To be considered for this scholarship, students must:
1. Be enrolled at a MAFEL affiliated school and/or participating in an internship at a MAFEL affiliated site.
2. Be a currently enrolled student.
3. Be currently in an internship, in the process of applying for an internship (in which case MAFEL would verify placement before awarding) or able to verify future placement.
4. Internship must be at least 3-months (12 weeks) in duration.
5. Student must work a minimum of 10 hours per week.
Adult and Family Advocate intern, Nathan, tables for Tubman
New volunteers and interns at January 12, 2019 training